Prior to the Wave 1 2020 release, the allocation of charges capability was available only on the Purchasing side of F&O processes. In this blog, we’ll review the Current State process and share some exciting news about Future State process.
Have you ever thought that your charts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM would look way cooler if they were three-dimensional? If your answer is yes, then you will be thrilled to know that there is an easy way to do this without needing to know how to code. In today's blog, we will go through the steps needed to improve the look of your charts in minutes. Let's get to it!
1. To get started, you will first want to open the existing chart that you want to make 3-D in the chart pane. Export that chart.
2. Next, you will need to save the xml file of the chart to your Desktop. Once you have saved the file to your Desktop, you will want to select the xml file and open it in Note Pad. Once open in Note Pad, it should look something like this:
3. Now you will need to change an area of the code in order to make the chart 3-D. Toward the bottom of the code, you will see the line <Area3DStyle Enable3D="false" /> (see highlighted box in the image above). Next, delete "false" from the line of code and replace it with "true". Your line of code should now look like this:
4. Save your changes and then go back to the chart and select Import Chart.
5. Select the xml file that you changed and then import the file.
6. You can now give your chart a new name and then import the chart.
You should then see this message letting you know that your chart was imported successfully:
7. After importing your chart, you can go back to the chart pane and select and view your new three-dimensional chart! Neat, huh?
That's all for the blog today. We've got a whole slew of blogs about charts in CRM and much, much more, so make sure you stay up to date on everything Dynamics CRM by subscribing today!