In this blog, we show you how to upload a camera photo from a Canvas App to Dynamics 365 as an attachment on a particular entity record.
For several years now, we have had the powerful analytics capability of Power BI. First as Excel add-ins and the Power BI Desktop tool since 2015. With the original Power BI service in Office 365, we were able to insert Power BI Excel reports using Dashboard iFrames and the SharePoint Integration, but that was deprecated with the move to the PowerBI.com site.
With the Spring release of CRM, we have the ability embed Power BI tiles in CRM Dashboards! It is also quick and straightforward to set it up. Let's see how!
1. Prerequisites: CRM Online (2016 Spring Wave) and a Power BI O365 subscription.
2. Enable: Settings à Administration à System Settings.
From here, navigate to the Reporting tab and select Yes to enable.
3. Create Dashboards in Power BI.
4. Create or edit a Dashboard in CRM.
5. Click Power BI Tile or insert from the Command Bar.
6. Select a Power BI dashboard and a tile.
7. Complete the dashboard, Save, and close.
That's it! You now have a Power BI dashboard built in CRM. Users no longer need to navigate specifically to Power BI to interact with the powerful analytics. Pretty slick if we do say so!
If you click on any component, a new window is launched which allows for further filtering or drilling into the Power BI site.
That's all for the blog today! If you'd like to learn more about Power BI, check out our Webinar on Demand, Power BI Showcase!