In this blog, we show you how to upload a camera photo from a Canvas App to Dynamics 365 as an attachment on a particular entity record.
Have you ever sent an email from CRM and wondered whether the recipient ever opened the email, and whether or not they clicked on links within that email? With our CRM email tracking add-on, PowerEmail, you can now track whether or not emails were opened, and which URLs were clicked on within that email, all within CRM. Additionally this blog will focus on what happens when the original email is forwarded.
First off you will need to have the PowerEmail solution installed within your CRM organization. You can learn more about PowerEmail and download a free trial here. Be sure to read the Import and User guides if you need any help, and if you have any questions, contact one of our PowerPack Pros.
Once you have everything installed and configured, you are ready to begin sending emails. Let's begin by creating an email activity.
1. Create a new email activity. Make sure you fill out the From, To, and Subject fields.
Note that we added a few links within the email so we can show the PowerEmail URL click counting functionality.
2. Click Send when you are ready to send the email.
3. Once you have clicked Send, you can navigate to PowerPack and the PowerEmail modules in CRM. There are two nodes. The first is PowerEmail URL Clicks, which depicts each time a URL within this particular email was clicked on, the exact URL, and the exact Date/Time it was clicked. This includes forwarded emails. Second, the PowerEmail Opens node tracks the amount of time an email has been opened. This also includes forwarded emails!
NOTE: The recipient has to have downloaded the image at the bottom of the email in order for PowerEmail to count an open.
4. Let's take a closer look at PowerEmail URL Clicks. As you can see below, this view tracks each time an individual link is clicked.
5. And see below for a screenshot of the PowerEmail Opens view. This will show the amount of times your email is opened, this includes each time the email is opened after it has been forwarded.
You can download the PowerEmail add-on for Dynamics CRM on our website—you can even try it free for 30 days. Try it now!