In this blog we show you how to reverse an NSF payment from a previous period in Dynamics 365 Business Central!
In today's blog, we'll be giving you a brief overview of the Data Loader feature, which is a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Preview Feature available only to North American-based Dynamics CRM Online organizations. So without further ado, let's begin!
Let's walk through the steps needed for a data migration using the Data Loader. Since it is a Preview Feature, Microsoft does encourage use and feedback for future feature development. The objective of the Data Loader is to move high volumes of data into CRM Online quickly, securely, and cost effectively without needing custom code.
Once a user logs in to the Lifecycle Services Data Loader Dashboard, there are five data import options. Below is the dashboard view with numbered Data Loader options:
1. Deploy Runtimes – Connects CRM instances to the Data Loader for data migrations.
2. Configure File Format – Create the format of the file to be uploaded.
3. New Import – Set data migration characteristics.
4. Data Jobs – View all data jobs for a given CRM instance.
5. Data Projects – View all data projects for a given CRM instance.
The next step is to briefly breakdown the five data import options:
1. First, enter the CRM Username and CRM Password.
2. Then, select Fetch CRM instances.
3. All the CRM instances will load, and from the drop down box, select the instance for the data migration.
Configure File Format
1. Select a CRM Instance for the data migration.
2. Create & Save a file format.
3. Select the + sign to add a file.
4. Enter a File format name.
5. Set the Delimiter and Regional settings.
1. First, create a new Data Migration Project.
2. Upload data tables.
3. Next, map the fields (applies an auto mapping and fields can also be manually mapped).
4. Finally, click Start Job.
Data Jobs: A view of all the data jobs for a given CRM instance
Data Projects: A view of all the data projects for a given CRM instance
That's all for the blog today, but make sure you check back with us daily for blogs, events, trainings, and webinars, all focused on Dynamics CRM 2016. It's going to be a busy year. You won't want to miss a thing! Want to learn more about CRM 2016 Online? Check out our blog Top New Features in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Online.
Until next time, happy CRM'ing!