Prior to the Wave 1 2020 release, the allocation of charges capability was available only on the Purchasing side of F&O processes. In this blog, we’ll review the Current State process and share some exciting news about Future State process.
Tracking approvals are critical to many businesses, so why not track approvals in the system where all of your other business processes are kept – in Microsoft Dynamics 365. The PowerApproval add-on gives users the ability to build approval processes, decide, per step, who can approve that step, and place that approval process on any Dynamics 365 entity – even custom entities!
PowerApproval lets users:
The first step in getting started with any managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM is to import the solution under the Solution section of CRM. To navigate to this section, you would simply go to Settings > Solutions > Select the Import button from the ribbon. This will prompt a dialog box that will walk you through the import process, which is shown below.
Once the import has completed, double-click on the PowerPack solution you just imported from the solutions list in CRM. This will open the configuration screen of the PowerPack solution, where you can select if you'd like to register for a 30-day free trial or subscribe to the add-on.
Under the “General” section fill-in the required information, including your communication preferences, once you have completed the form select the “Submit” button which is located under the “Profile” tab of the form.
Some PowerPacks require connections back to your CRM environment to process data from our cloud. If your PowerPack requires this connection, you’ll see fields for service user username and password. If that is the case, please input credentials of a user that has, at minimum, the Powerxxx Service User security role assigned. This security role includes the minimum level of access this user needs, in order for the add-on to function properly.
Note: This user cannot have two-factor, or multi-factor, authentication turned on.
For information on using the solution please refer to the corresponding user guide.
All of the add-ons are constantly being enhanced with awesome new features, so it's always a good idea for users to make sure their PowerPack add-on are up-to-date.
Updating an add-on is quick and easy! Simply follow these 5 steps:
-Added a condition when approval process step is updated
-Contains app source fixes
-Updated PowerApproval with model driven app with link to Customer Ideas Forum (User Voice).
-Applied App-Source fixes
-Bug fix: Fixed issue where user was seeing an error when opening the opportunities entity in the UCI
-Added Support tab to PowerApproval configuration page (PowerApproval solution/Configuration/Support), which allows users to open a ticket directly from the solution and reduces the amount time for PowerPack pros to troubleshoot the bugs.
-SiteMap modified for 8.0 and 8.1 versions
-Schema name is validated before being registered
-When registering an entity for approval, error messaging has been improved when user enters invalid schema name
– Added support tab in PowerApproval configuration page (PowerApproval solution/Configuration/Support), which allows users to open a ticket directly from the solution and reduces the time it takes for PowerPack pros to troubleshoot issues.
-Initial release of Dynamics 365 online UCI compatible version
- Name on Approval Entity record is locked after the records is registered or unregistered, so that it cannot be changed
- Add buttons to the Approval Entity List main view ribbon so PowerApproval admins can register all entities for approval from the main list
- Cleaned up plugin cleanup logic, so when deleting entities/solution, the dynamically created plugins are also deleted
- Added configurable rejection reasons
- Unique name condition checking in unregisterApprovalstep plugin
- Improved Plugin execution performance to generate approval step instance
- Validate duplicate plugin step for requested entity
- Auto-refresh of the Approval Status Code when the step is rejected or approved (assuming it’s the last step)
- Action Taken On – this should be null until the approval process step instance is approved or rejected
- Created new JS for Checking Duplicate schema name
- Initial release