Relayr partnered with HCL-PowerObjects to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance - and it was delivered 100% remotely. Watch this solution story video to learn more!
There are 2 ways to enable the new "Editable Grids" functionality delivered with Microsoft Dynamics 365. At the entity level, which will turn every view into an editable grid, or specifically on a sub-grid on any form. Today's blog show you the steps for enabling either one!
Enable for the Entire Entity
Enabling Editable Grids at the entity level will then allow you to turn any view into an editable grid. The steps to do this are as follows:
2. Click on the Controls tab
3. Click on Add Control and select "Editable Grid"
4. Select where the editable grid should be available: Web, Phone, or Tablet
5. You can configure a lookup field on a specific view which will allow more control over what happens when a user clicks on that field in the view. This is an optional step. If you wish to do so, click on Add Lookup and select a view and then available Lookup field.
6. Choose the default view and set the additional parameters as desired. To finish, click OK and then Save and Publish
7. Navigate to the entity and choose a view and you will see that it is now possible to edit any field in the view directly.
Enable for single sub-grid view on a form
It is possible to enable a sub-grid on a form as an editable grid as needed. The steps to do this are as follows:
2. Click on the Controls tab and select Editable Grid and click Add
3. Select where the editable grid should be available: Web, Phone, or Tablet. Add the Lookup field for a given view if required and click OK to finish.
4. Save your form and publish and your sub-grid will now be editable.
Now that you know how to enable "Editable "Grids" you see why we are so excited about this powerful new feature available in Microsoft Dynamics 365. So what are you waiting for? Go try it out!
For more CRM for Dynamics 365 information, check out our Dynamics 365 landing page.