About the Position
PowerObjects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
PowerObjects is seeking a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations – Supply Chain Management Solution Architect to join their award winning and growing team. This individual will collaborate with business analysts and other team members to determine the best design approach regarding the overall solution including system design, data integration and migration on Supply Chain Module projects. The SCM Solution Architect will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance across multiple projects, ensuring the use of PowerObjects’ standards and best practices, crosspollination of knowledge from previous/other solutions, and mentoring. The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, have the ability to multitask, be meticulously organized, and be able to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
Promote Best Practices: Must be able to provide proactive and reactive advice in an effort to ensure the best design and SCM solution across multiple projects. Be able to be involved in different levels of project processes and provide input wherever needed to enable projects to be successful.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - SCM Subject Matter Expertise: having extensive project delivery experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. This includes ERP system design, customization, installation, deployment, architecture, and more.
Best Practices: Deliver and instill best practices on all SCM project deliverables, including technical approach and tool selection. Ensuring that solutions are reusable from a technical and philosophical (approach) perspective.
- Evaluate and understand business process and be able to prepare a detailed Business requirement specification document [BRS]
- Ability to analyze client requirements and objectives to determine how software can best meet clients’ requirement and objectives
- Convert requirements to functional specs and functional design documents
- Functional consulting to design and develop AX solutions for clients on Supply chain module
- Work closely with clients and other team members to define, design and align the business application to the business requirements
- Configure, Test and Demo Procurement and inventory management process in Dynamics 365
- Handle SIT, End user training, UAT and Go Live
- Data migration activities
- Manage and deliver small projects independently. Lead other consultants in delivering according to client expectations; take ownership of successful completion of deliverables and projects
- Participate in the development of functional design documentation and technical specifications, unit and system test scripts, and deployment plans, perform SIT testing
- Facilitate functional sessions and weekly status meetings with clients, including the ability to drive a client to decisions
- Own project deliverables (status reports, documentation, test plans.) Take personal ownership of the success of deliverables and projects
- Conduct functional testing of modifications and sub-processes during sprints
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Proven Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations functional experience
- End-to-end project consulting experience in supply chain management
- Experience working on at least 3-4 end to end implementation projects and should be aware sure step implementation methodology
- Aware of and worked on Key supply chain module areas like procurement cycle, inventory management including inventory closing process
- Complete knowledge on various supply chain module Inquiry tools and reports
- Should have good hands on experience on Dynamics AX 2012 and preferably experience with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Appropriate Microsoft certifications
- Relevant procurement or SCM domain expertise