About the Position
PowerObjects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
PowerObjects, an HCL Technologies Company is seeking a Capability Director (CD) to join their award winning and growing team. This individual is part of the delivery leadership team overseeing Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementations. The CD will be responsible for developing skills across core areas of need, providing leadership, coaching, mentorship, and guidance for a team of Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Functional Consultants ensuring resource success, hiring, best practices, training, and mentorship. The candidate must be able to deal with different personality types, be detail-oriented and must be meticulously organised. In addition, success requires the candidate to be able to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment. The CD carries the ultimate responsibility of ensuring skill development of delivery consultants.
- Capability Management (~50%): Be able to coach and advise consultants as it relates to their skills development and performance. Encourage and motivate consultants to invest in themselves via training, being involved in Centers of Excellence and / or skill development to assist the company as a whole or expand the consultant’s own skillsets. Work strategically with the Practice Director to ensure skills required in our programs and projects are maintained by the consultants. Work with Project Directors to receive feedback from consultants’ performance and / or escalations. Lead check-ins with each individual consultant. Lead bi-weekly team meetings.
- Project Excellence (~30%): Working with the Consultants / Project Directors and Centers of Excellence Leads to ensure a consistent high quality delivery approach based on our Proven Process methodology. Facilitate the sharing of best practice processes. Facilitate the identification and adoption of new and emerging best practice.
- Capability Planning (~20%): Working with Practice Director and Sales Leads to review and align delivery capability and capacity to sales pipeline. This will include planning and leading future recruitment of both junior and experience consultants. Support the recurring Consultant in Training programme. Oversee your team’s utilization to maximise their billability.
- In addition, the CD will be responsible for the following: Mentor and advise other consultants on technical, project management and platform skills; Collaborate with Education to define training requirements and materials; Collaborate with Sales in the sales process to ensure the engagement is set up for success early; Participate in Quarterly Delivery Summit
Required Skills and Experience
- Exhibit PowerObjects’ Guiding Principles
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or equivalent years of experience
- Proven experience in Dynamics 365 Project Management, Business Analysis, and/or Functional Lead roles
- Sound knowledge and / or certification on Project Management and different Project Management styles like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Team Leadership experience is a must
- Up-to-date understanding of business processes, issues, and technology especially related to the operation of a sales, marketing, and customer service departments within an organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to speak with team members and clients at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to balance short-term demands while maintaining the long-term vision needed to guide a customer through the implementation process
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Visio