Government organizations are somewhat unique in that they do not exist to sell to or service customers so much as to provide services to citizens. In today’s blogpost, we’ll explore this industry from a technology perspective. Enjoy!
Common Challenges in Government Agencies
- Disengaged Citizens – Constituents quickly disengage when their government organizations fail to deliver the ‘always-on’ service levels offered in other industries by businesses like Uber and Amazon.
- Operational Redundancies – Governments are plagued by siloed data in the form of paper records and disconnected digital systems, leading directly to operational inefficiencies and the need for process automation.
- Lack of Data Privacy and Security – From regulatory inspections to compliance standards, government agencies are under increasing pressure to protect the data of citizens from internal and external threats alike.
- Outdated Legacy Technology – Citing risks that were long ago debunked, many in the government sector are still dragging their feet when considering a digital transformation that moves them to the cloud
To overcome those challenges, government agencies are exploring digital transformation. They are looking for a new approach to:
- Citizen Engagement – Opening lines of communication with citizens on multiple devices. Connecting with the community utilizing easy-to-use self-service customer portals that connect seamlessly to back-office operations.
- Asset Management – Taking a proactive approach to assert management by knowing what they have, where they have it, and whether it needs their attention before issues arise.
- Building Trust – The government is always in the eye of the public, and complete insight through business intelligence builds trust. Low-code apps for government processes close gaps that cause discrepancies
Not only can one connected platform streamline all these areas for Government, a rapid platform deployment can set the stage for agility, productivity, and insights now and far into the future.
PowerObjects is a holistic provider of services covering CRM, ERP, Power Platform, and everything in between. When Government entities choose Microsoft Business Applications as their one connected platform, they can handle anything that comes their way. Combining Office 365 with Microsoft Business Applications – like Power Platform and Microsoft Dynamics 365 – enables communication tracking and automation of all business processes. This technology solution provides transparency and accuracy every step of the way.
Dynamics 365 also enables direct connections and integrations with over 300 platforms so government organizations can really focus on customer and citizen centricity. This cloud-based ERP and CRM platform leverages artificial intelligence and powerful insights through the Power Platform. And you can now calculate rates with Dynamics 365 thanks to our Power Rates Calculator.
Custom apps, Microsoft tools, and virtual education are just a few ways we’re helping clients – in government and all other industries – tackle COVID-19 business challenges.