Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare launches this week and HCL-PowerObjects is proud to be one of eight Global Systems Integrators selected by Microsoft to offer this transformational new product!
In this blog, we will discuss the differences opening web resources in Dynamics 365 v8.2 versus v9.0. The openWebResource client API function is used to open a HTML web resource. Let's see how this feature improved from v8.2 to v9.0
Opening web resources in Dynamic 365 v8.2
General syntax for this:
1. The Web Resource Name is mandatory and other parameters are optional if you need to simply open the web resource then use:
2. If you need to pass data via the query string parameter then use:
3. You can also specify the width and height of window:
Opening web resources in Dynamics 365 v9.0
Utility is replaced by the Navigation client API in v9.0 and the general syntax for opening a web resource is:
1. Web Resource Name is mandatory and other parameters are optional if you need to simply open the web resource then use:
2. If we need to set window options then use:
3. If we need to pass data via the query string parameter then use:
This functionality is supported for both versions of Dynamics 365 v8.2 and v9.0 if you are using the supported web browsers. However, in the case of mobile devices this functionality works only in v9.0 and is not supported for v8.2.
Looking for more information on Dynamics 365? Subscribe to our blog!
Happy Dynamics 365'ing!