In this blog we discuss what it means to be a trusted Microsoft Partner and how that partnership benefits our customers and the work we do.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook add-in is a powerful way to use Dynamics CRM functionality within Outlook. You will have access to the same data through Outlook as the Dynamics CRM Web client. Follow the installation and configuration instructions below to be able to track emails, access existing and enter new information, synchronize calendar events, contacts and activities, all within Outlook.
1. The first step is to install Dynamics CRM 2015 client for Outlook on your local machine. Click here to download the client from Microsoft Download Center. When you click “Download” a screen will let you choose which file you wish to download.
2. Depending on your computer’s hardware and software system, you may need amd64 (64 bit) or i384 (32 bit) file. If you are unsure which file to download, open your Outlook and click on File.
3. Then click on Office Account and then on About Outlook.
4. Look for either 32 bit or 64 bit indication on the window.
5. After the download is completed, run the file and follow the prompts to install and set up the Outlook client. If you had a previous version of the add-in installed on your computer you will be asked to upgrade. Click “Upgrade Now” and continue with the process.
Note: Prior to initiating the installation, close any Excel or Word documents to prevent loss of data during the installation process.
6. Find and open a small piece of software called Configuration Wizard that came with Outlook to configure which Dynamics CRM organization to sync to. Click “Add” to create a new connection.
7. For Dynamics CRM 2015 Online select “CRM Online” in the dropdown menu. For Dynamics CRM 2015 On-Premise, type in the URL in the field.
8. Click “Connect” and enter your credentials.
Note: If you own contact records in Dynamics CRM, the add-in will sync those CRM contacts into your Outlook contacts, which could create the potential for duplicate Outlook contacts. If you wish to stop automatic CRM to Outlook Syncing for Contacts altogether see our blog post here.
9. Those intending to use offline client, should ensure that synchronization is enabled only for the required entities and views as synchronization and storage of the entire database on the local machine can affect performance. To configure which entities will be synced, navigate to File >> CRM >> Go Offline >> Manage Offline Filters in Outlook.
10. Additional synchronization options are under Outlook and Synchronization tabs in System Settings. To get there click on Settings module then Administration.
Note: After installing and configuring CRM for Outlook on all computers in the organization, feel free to Set whether users see CRM for Outlook message to No under Outlook tab in System Settings.
We hope you enjoyed our blog! If you haven’t updated to CRM 2015 yet, check out our blog on how to install Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook. Or head over to to our main CRM 2015 page for all the latest information and education!