In this blog, we show you how to upload a camera photo from a Canvas App to Dynamics 365 as an attachment on a particular entity record.
Let's take a hypothetical example, where we have a few fields and we need to display the calculated total. So we have the actual item cost, the assemble cost and optional accessory cost. We want to have a field for the total cost of the assembled item.
The process is outlined below:
2. Next, lets add the Calculated Field. Make sure you set the Field Type as "Calculated".
3. Now, we need to add the calculation logic. Click on the "Edit" button.
4. This brings up the calculation business rule:
5. Once the Calculation has been setup, save the business rule, the field and add the field to the Form. Publish the customization.
6. In CRM, open the form and enter the value for Item Cost, Assembly Cost and Optional Accessory.
7. Then save the form. On Reload, the value of the Total Cost will be displayed.
Calculated fields are also closely related to Roll-up fields, wherein you can calculate across child records. We hope this answered any lingering questions! Make sure to stop by our main blog page for other great Dynamics CRM tips and tricks! Or if you are specifically interested in CRM 2015 we have created a dedicated page!