Are you an organization wondering how to ensure that Service Level Agreements are only impacted by business hours? Worry no longer inquisitive reader! There are a few simple steps in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that you can take to create a service schedule. But before you do this, you will need to create both a Holiday Schedule and a Customer Service Schedule. This blog will take you through the necessary instructions including:
- How to create a Customer Service Schedule
- How to specify working hours for each day of the week in the Customer Service Schedule
- How to add a Holiday Schedule to the Customer Service Schedule
Listed below is how to create a Customer Service Schedule:
1. Go to Settings à Service Management.
2. On this page, find "Customer Service Schedule" under the Service Terms section.
3. There will be a view of all of the Customer Service Calendars. To create a new one, go to the command bar and select "New".
4. A popup will show up. This is where you add the name of the Customer Service Schedule – the description field is optional. Once you are done filling in the information, select "Create".
5. Once you have selected that, another popup will show up. This is where the weekly schedule is can be customized to your organization's needs.
- Are the same each day – All there needs to be done for this feature is setting your organizations work hours, which is done by simply selecting the link "set work hours."
Set Work Hours – If you selected this link, another popup will show up. From here, you can set the start and end time to your organizations working hours. You also can set breaks throughout the day as well.
Vary by day – Does your organizations service schedule vary from day to day? If so, use this feature. Once it is selected, a drop down will populate to identify the hours of operation for each day of the week.
- 24/7 Support – Select this option if your organization operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you selected "are the same each day" under the work hours section, you will be able to check which workdays your organization operates in the work days section.
If the 24/7 support button was selected in the work hours, these work days will be grayed out.
Observe – This is where you can choose which Holiday Schedule is associated with the Service Schedule. When this button is selected, a lookup field will show up below. Select the lookup icon and a list of all the active Holiday Schedules in your CRM will populate. From here, choose the appropriate Holiday Schedule to associate it with the given Service Schedule.
- Do not observe – If the service schedule does not observe any holidays, select this button.
- Specify which time zone your organization operates in
6. Once all of the weekly schedule information is completed, select "Save and Close"
Now you have successfully created a service schedule along with adding a holiday schedule. If your organization needs more than one service schedule, that can be done as well. Just simply repeat the steps from 3 – 6 to do so. If you have any further questions surrounding Dynamics CRM, head over to our blog or read our CRM Book for all things Dynamics related!