In this blog, we show you how to upload a camera photo from a Canvas App to Dynamics 365 as an attachment on a particular entity record.
If you have implemented CRM Online since it and Office 365 have joined forces, you will use the Microsoft Online Services Administration Portal to manage Dynamics CRM users. This blog covers how to add a user for CRM 2011 Online. (You can also learn more about this topic on our CRM How-To Portal.)
1. Open CRM Online | Settings | Administration | Users
2. Click on the New button in the Ribbon
3. On the Add and License Users dialog click on Add and License Users button
4. This launches the Microsoft Online Portal (you may have to login using the same credentials as CRM
5. Click on Users in the left navigation panel
6. Click on New
7. Choose User (there is an option for Bulk Add for which you need a CSV file with user data)
8. On the Details page, enter the user's login information. Click on the blue arrow next to Additional Details to enter more information. The information you enter here will be entered into the user record in CRM.
9. Click on Next
10. On the Assign Role page, you can choose whether or not to add the user to a security role:
a. No. You must manually add a security role via the User record once the user is created.
b. Yes. This adds the user to an administrator security role. Other roles must be added manually via the User record in CRM.
11. Select the country where the user is located
12. Click on Next
13. On the Assign Licenses page and make sure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online is selected
14. Click on Next
15. Send email: you can enter an email address that will alert the new user with their credentials. You can also send the user their credentials using the information on the next page. The user can set up their new password using the information provided on this email. See below.
16. Click on Create
17. You can use the information on this page in an email you manually create and send
18. Click on Finish
19. The new user record will be in CRM
So that's how to add a user for CRM 2011 Online! (You may also be interested in yesterday's post about how to 'delete' a user from CRM 2011.)